India regularly sends students to Canada in large numbers.While an excellent academic record is still necessary for admittance to Canada's Top Institutions, a Study Permit is utilised to verify the student's right to study. You will need a study permit before entering Canada if you want to pursue scholastic, technical, or career training at an institution, college, or other educational institution. Students are awarded a study permit when they arrive in Canada. To get there, however, a pupil should first apply for a Temporary Resident Visa, which is issued by the Canadian High Commission and supported by Visa Application Centres. The authorised VACs for Canadian Visas are VFS Global Services.Candidates should also understand why they were denied a Canada visa. In this article, we'll go over everything you need to know about getting a Study Permit in Canada, from the prerequisites for a canada study visa to the paperwork you'll need.
Requirements for obtaining a student visa in Canada:
You can apply for a student visa in Canada if you fulfil the specified criteria:
* You've been accepted into a recognised educational institution (DLI).
* You must show that you have enough money to pay for your educational and living expenses.
* You must demonstrate that you also have a spotless record and have never been convicted of a crime. To confirm this, the hopefuls must submit a police verification certificate.
* You must have a physical examination and submit a medical certificate stating that you are in excellent health.
* During the visa interview, you must also convince the visa officer that you will depart Canada whenever your research is done.
Cost and fee structure of a student visa to Canada:
When it comes to drawing consistent numbers of students to study, Canada is among the busiest countries, especially when it comes to college tuition, living expenses, visa applications, and so on. A good academic record and a study permit are required for admittance to Canada's prestigious universities. You must first decide what form of education you want to undertake in Canada before applying for a study permit. The student must first complete the application form and then submit for a temporary residence visa from the Canadian High Commission.
In this post, we will focus on the most significant aspects of Canada Student Visa Fees and how to obtain your study permit.
* Obtaining a study permit for Canada costs roughly $150 CAD (approximately INR 8,370). We recommend keeping an eye on the currency rate as it fluctuates. Always consult the CIC website before getting a visa.
* Visa applications for Canada can be completed both physically and digitally. The cost can be paid online with a credit card or offline with a demand draft or cash at the Visa Application Centre. Fees must be paid when the application is being processed. Cash is accepted at visa application locations, however the High Commission of Canada demands a Demand Draft (Indian Rupees).
* The Visa Application Centre service fee is usually not included in the Visa fee. This service fee must be paid in accordance with the region in question. After you've finished paying, make sure you get a receipt. It is evidence of payment.
* There is a based algorithm charge of CAD 85 when you register your Canada visa application. It is a cost paid by the candidate in addition to the standard visa fee. Biometric data will be collected at the application centre after a successful submission.
Fee for biometrics:
When applying for a Canada Student Visa, all international students must provide fingerprints and pictures for biometric purposes (including extending the study permit). You must schedule an appointment to provide your biometrics at any of the visa application centres across the world. The following is the biometric fee for a Canada visa:
* CAD $85 for a single application for a Canada visa.
* Fees for biometrics for families applying together: up to CAD $170
Time it takes to get a student visa in Canada:
Processing time refers to the time it takes the CIC to complete a visa application. It starts when the candidate files his or her registration and concludes whenever the final verdict is taken. As a result, the issuing of a student visa in Canada has no term limit. Aspirants can monitor the availability of their applications (both online and on paper) using their MyCIC accounts.
Renewal of a study permit:
Students must have a legitimate study permit to stay in Canada. If your study permit ends before you complete your studies (programme), you must apply for a study permit renewal. You should submit your application at least a month before your current permission expires. Candidates can send their applications via mail or submit them online.
Time it takes to get a student visa in Canada:
The time it takes the CIC to complete a visa application is referred to as processing time. It starts when the candidate files his or her request and ends whenever the final verdict is taken. As a result, there is no time limit for processing a student visa application in Canada. Aspirants can track the progress of their applications (both online and on paper) using their MyCIC accounts.